2007年3月28日 星期三

Story Reading: On the Line

A telephone company got an emergency call from Mrs. Washington, telling that her little girl swallowed the pills. The supervisor called the hospital and the police, but they both replied that only talked to the patient involved directly, or they couldn't send any ambulance. The supervisor tried other ways to help the helpless woman but all of those manners didn't work. She even pictured a child lying in pain, she's getting nervously. Finally she dialed the woman's three neighbors; the first one didn't answer, the second one refused, only the third person answered her “yes”, and went to Mrs. Washington's house to see what the happening is.


Every sentence about saying “no” to the supervisor is very shocked to me. No matter what the instructions are, isn't it the most valuable about saving a life? Truly, the instructions are very important in an organization. But what the rules humans made are not always perfect and without any flaw. And how those people who surely have educated would obey regulations but ignore the basic human rights? By the way, the man who answered the phone, his attitude was undesirable. Maybe you could doubt the phone's factualness, but if it's true? I've also learned, when something bad happens, being calm is the first thing to do. And try asking helps to lots of people in different way. Do not wait for others to help, find ways to get rid of troubles by you.

2 則留言:

Ten 提到...

Finally, I found some one who chose the same article with me. (Big thumb) I’ve read the article third; I can’t understand what’s happening in the end. After all, I think this story attracted me the most.

Sandy 提到...

Dear Rachel
I really agree your opinion. We need people who really need help.

However there were a lot of people forget somebody’s kindness and turn one’s back upon him in return, so many people afraid of to be hurt. So we need to learn how to protect ourselves. I ever had a bad experience in my thirteen years old. I wanted to help an old woman who fell down, but the audiences and the old women accused me of bursting into the old woman. I’m very angry whenever I think about the thing.

I ‘m very glad to your opinion, but I hope you can protect yourself before you want to help others.

Sandy